Five College Movers LLC makes every effort to avoid damage to your personal property. In the unlikely event of an accident Five College Movers offers a wide range of insurance options to our clients. Standard moving insurance is INCLUDED FREE with every move. Additional insurance options are available and along with standard insurance, are described bellow.
Option 1 - Basic Insurance (FREE)
This coverage is FREE and is the default coverage applied to every move unless the client indicates they wish to purchase Option 2, Full Value Replacement. Under Option 1, Basic Insurance Five College Movers LLC has a maximum liability under State Law for loss or damage to your property of $0.60 per pound, per article up to a maximum of $2,000. There is no additional cost for this option.
Option 2 - Full Value Replacement (Cost)
With this plan, any individual goods lost, damaged or destroyed during the move will either be repaired, replaced, or a cash settlement will be made at Five College Movers discretion. The owner of the goods places a value (minimum $10,000) on the shipment and is entitled to up to that declaration of value. Any individual item with a value of over $500 must be listed on the High Value Inventory Form. Only individual items must be listed. Sets, collections, etc are recognized as individual items, not as a group.
Cost- $50/$1,000 in valuation (Example: $10,000 in coverage, would cost $500)
Additional Terms/Excluded Items
Terms of Service bellow. To request a sample Bill of Lading, please contact us.
- Safety (Crew): a. If FCM feels pressure from the customer to rush, all work shall cease until the pressure is removed. Pressure results in damage and injury. b. All children and pets must be kept out of work area. c. FCM reserves the right to stop or break for hazardous conditions due to snow, rain or other weather conditions. d. If for any reason FCM feels they are in an unsafe situation, work will be stopped. The client will be responsible for all time worked. e. FCM takes a 10 minute break every 2 hours worked. This may be broken down into one (1) five (5) minute break per hour. f. Under cold or hot conditions, FCM reserves the right to extend their breaks as needed. g. FCM reserves the right to limit their workday to 12 hours.
- Safety (Clients): All clients are expressly forbidden from entering the moving truck, walking on the ramp or operating the vehicle. If you wish to help in the loading or unloading of the truck, you must sign a waiver.
- Payment: Full payment is required immediately after the job has been completed.
- Payment methods: Cash or check. Checks made out to Five College Movers. Any customer paying by credit card must arrange so ahead of time. Credit card transactions are subject to a 4% processing fee.
- Insurance Payments: All additional insurance payments must be made by check prior to the move. Checks made out to Five College Movers.
- Time Minimum: A minimum charge of 3 hours is assessed. Charges are broken down into 5 minute increments. We charge from when the crew arrives, until we collect payment from the customer. Return travel time to Amherst, MA is also charged.
- Mileage: Charged round trip from Amherst, MA.
- Estimates: All estimates, written, spoken and or implied are non-binding. Flat rate, not to exceed price moves are for specific services listed and agreed up on the attached Bill of Lading. Additional services will incur additional cost TBD solely by FCM.
- Insurance: Five College Movers LLC makes every effort to avoid damage to your personal property. In the unlikely event of an accident Five College Movers LLC offers two (2) different insurance options for your move. Option A (Basic Insurance) is included FREE and is the default insurance on every move. Option B (Insurance Plus) comes at an extra cost, both are described below.
- Additional Insurance: Clients may choose to provide their own insurance through a rider attached to their home owner/renters insurance policy or obtain insurance through a 3rd party insurer. Any client choosing this must notify Five College Movers prior to moving day and attach a copy of their policy to the bill of lading document.
- Damage Claims: Please alert Five College Movers LLC of any damage immediately. A claim form will be provided. Claims must be submitted within 10 days of delivery to be processed. All claims filed after this period will be denied.
- Residence/Property: Five College Movers is licensed and insured however we do not cover damage to the interior of the home. Insurance covers handled goods (items that we move) and does not cover flooring, drywall or scratches. While we make every attempt to leave the interior of your home in perfect condition this cannot be avoided at all times. It is solely the clients responsibility to furnish/obtain/maintain home owners/renters insurance to cover damage to the interior/exterior of their residence.
- Assembly/Disassembly: FCM shall not be responsible for damage to items requiring special instructions if customer fails to provide such instructions including, but not limited to, disassembly or assembly of items and any special preparation required. Items requiring Assembly/Disassembly must be accompanied by instructions. If the customers fails to provide instructions from the manufacturer, FCM cannot be held responsible to return or assemble the item in working condition.
- Appliance Servicing: FCM may assist with the disconnection/connection of appliances however FCM is not responsible for any damage occurring during the appliance servicing. FCM can not be held responsible for the working condition of the appliance. The client is responsible for informing FCM of any special moving instructions or specific equipment, such as washing machine locks (front loaders). Failure to provide instructions/equipment needed for appliances releases FCM from any liability for the specific item.
- Ikea/Bookshelves/Particle Board: FCM assumes no responsibility for any Ikea furniture or similar items (as determined by FCM). Items include but are not limited to: Ikea furniture, pressboard, ready-to-assemble furniture, bookshelves, particle board and any similar items. While FCM makes every effort to transport these items without incident, FCM insurance covers none of these items or items deemed to be similar in construction by FCM.
- Excluded Items: 1. Items of high value (over $500) not listed on the High Value Inventory Form (Provided bellow). 2. Lamps, lamp shades, artwork, pictures, mirrors, artificial plants, and statues not packed by Five College Movers (must be notified ahead of time). 3. Any marble or glass not crated or boxed by Five College Movers. Items found broken in boxes not packed or unpacked by Five College Movers. 4. Mechanical condition of audio/visual or electronic equipment. Any electronic equipment not packed in its original packaging. Any electronic equipment (including but not limited to: TVs, stereos, computers) not packed by Five College Movers. Additionally, Five College Movers must be notified ahead of time if packing of these items is required. Failure to notify Five College Movers will result in rejection of claim. 5. Computers and battery operated items in transit or storage. 6. Loss or damage caused by insects, vermin, or rodents. 7. Missing hardware for items not disassembled by Five College Movers. 8. Gold leaf or plaster frames and chandeliers not crated by Five College Movers. 9. Pressboard or particleboard furniture. 10. Previously damaged or repaired items. 11. Previously damaged or loose veneer. 12. Furniture where original glue has dried out. 13. Any small, loose items which are not boxed (keys, remote controls, etc.) 14. If one item in a set is damaged, only that one item is covered by the insurance, not the entire set. 15. Plants (live, dried, or artificial). 16. Valuation does not take into account sentimental value of items. 17. While in transit all goods are limited to a total value of $10,000 per vehicle. 18. Any individual item with a value over $500 must be listed on the High Value Inventory Form. 19. All claims must be made in writing to Five College Movers within 10 days of your move.
- PBO: Packed By Owner. PBO indicates the owner has indicated to FCM they intend to pack all items themselves. FCM is not responsible for any items improperly packed. Lamps, glass, pictures etc. not properly packed, or not packed at all when we arrive, are excluded from any insurance coverages.
- PBFCM: If the clients wishes FCM to pack any items including but not limited to: lamps, pictures, electronics, the client must indicate this prior to moving day for FCM to bring the proper supplies. if the client fails to notify FCM, the items will be excluded from any insurance coverages.
- Additional Insurance Terms: (a) If no option has been selected at the start of the move, Five College Movers LLC will automatically apply Option A . (b) Five College Movers LLC is not obligated to write a check for the full declared amount. Repairing or replacing the item is always the first course of action. Applies to insurance option A and B. (c) Valuation does not consider sentimental value of your items. Valuation is based on current depreciated market value of the good/item in question as determined by Five College Movers LLC. (d) Five College Movers LLC cannot change your Valuation options after the fact. (e)Valuation is per piece, not per set, e.g., if one china plate is broken only that plate is subject to repair, replacement, or cash settlement, not the entire china set.(f) Do not discard any damaged items. The burden of proof is on you, the customer. (g) All charges must be paid to Five College Movers LLC prior to processing your claim. This includes any applicable deductible.